When the engagement ring is already in place, experience says a bride’s mind immediately tends to go crazy. Planning the concept of the wedding, deciding what the most gorgeous gown cut will suit her, whom to invite, etc. And among other things, a bride will take a look at the mirror and tells herself, “I need to lose a few inches” because girls just want stunning photography for one of their important days.
Brides are easy preys to fad diets because they have a limited time (like a few months) to get leaner and fitter. To help you reach and keep track of your goal, here are a few simple tricks that you can try.
1. Distract yourself. Experts are saying that our cravings only last for 5-10 minutes. So the best way to avoid indulging to salty or sweet snacks is to distract yourself while the craving has not subsided yet. Call a friend, apply a nail polish, or throw yourself into the treadmill for a 10-minute run; anything to keep your mind off the yearning to eat something.
2. Drink plenty of water. It has also been proven that lack of fluid in the body slows down all of our systems including our metabolism. Apart from pushing out metabolism to work faster, drinking at least 8-12 glasses of water a day flushes out toxins in our bodies and makes us feel full enough not to want to eat useless junk.
3. Eat slowly. In our fast-paced world, eating is one of the things that we tend to take for granted and does in a multi-task manner. We eat takeout food while we drive, while we are in front of our laptops or while watching TV in a rush. If you want to reach your dream weight in time for your wedding, you better start making your meals a priority. Take time chewing your food and eat in a moderate manner. Our body has a natural signalling process that does not function well if we eat fast. When we eat slowly, our system can easily signal our brain that we already have our fill and to stop eating.
4. Eat five moderate meals instead of three big ones. Eating healthy snacks in between meals will push your metabolism to burn fat than just having the big three. It will also effectively keep you from over indulging during lunch or dinner.
5. Select the snacks you want to cut off. Choose at least three to five of your unhealthy snacks to quit. For example, decide to stop your intake of soda, ice cream, and chips. Totally giving up all the food you think is unhealthy will just leave you feeling deprived, and yes even depressed. It only takes some discipline and self-control – you will be surprised how many pounds you will lose in the long run if you start avoiding these now.
Keep your eyes on the goal and you will experience success. Make sure you have your dream body in time for you to wear your dream dress